common questions about University House

What is University House?

It’s a high-quality Fullerton community designed especially with Cal State Fullerton students in mind. University House features a variety of spacious, furnished apartments plus a full set of community features such as a clubhouse, resort-style pool, fitness center and more. All just steps from campus.

Is University House part of Cal State?

University House is a privately owned and professionally managed community. Click here for more information about the management and ownership.

Can I live with friends, or can you match me with roommates?

You can select your roommate(s), or you can apply on your own and we can match you with other students. Applicants answer a short list of lifestyle questions to help in the matching process.

What are per-person contracts?

Instead of requiring all roommates to sign a joint lease, each person at University House has their own individual contract, with one person per bed space. This means you are only responsible for paying for yourself — not your roommates. Even if a roommate moves out or other bedrooms in your apartment are empty, you only pay the rate for your bedroom.

What is included in the rate?

Each resident at University House pays a monthly rental installment with a flat $45 amenity fee that includes:

  • Fully furnished apartment
  • Electricity, water/sewer, trash disposal
  • High-speed Internet
  • Washer and dryer in each apartment
  • Community amenities – pool, fitness center, clubhouse, conference room, etc.

What size are the apartments?

The spacious accommodations at University House range from 1 to 4-bedroom with available private bathrooms.

Are the apartments furnished?

Yes, all apartments at University House have a furniture package that includes a full-size bed (twin in double occupancy bedrooms), dresser, desk and chair in each bedroom, a sofa, coffee table and entertainment stand in each living room. Plus, all residences also include a dining table and chairs. To see a sample of the furniture and other finishes, please visit our model residences.

When do the contracts start and end?

The standard term is August 20, 2021 to July 28, 2022, with payments made in 12 equal installments.

Can I pay by credit card?

Yes. Residents can pay online 24 hours per day, by credit card or ACH electronic checking. University House also offers automatic payment by credit card, debit card or checking account — just fill out one page, one time and payments will be made automatically. Convenience fees apply for credit card and debit card payments.

Will my financial aid cover charges at University House?

Your living costs at University House can be covered by financial aid, just like on-campus housing. Any available financial aid funds, after university charges are satisfied, are released to the student for non-institutional expenses, such as off-campus housing. These funds can be used to pay charges at University House. Normal payment deadlines will continue to apply.

Is University House open to non-students?

Nearly all the residents at University House are students at California State University, Fullerton. The per-person contracts are also designed with students in mind. Nonetheless, University House is an Equal Opportunity housing provider and welcomes applications from non-students. Family members are welcome as well, subject to occupancy limits. Because of the need to match student roommates, non-students will be roommate matched only with other non-students except with mutual consent.

What kind of safety and security are provided?

University House has fire sprinklers, secure entry and individually locking apartments and bedroom doors. Community courtesy patrols are provided at select times. Management can be reached by a 24-hour phone number.

What are the policies on pets, smoking and guests?

University House is a no-pets community. The community is smoke-free in all indoor areas. Guests are welcome at all times, subject to the consent of roommates and security considerations. Overnight guests are welcome, with limits on the number of days and guests.

Can I park my vehicle at University House?

University House offers optional covered garage parking for residents at an additional charge.

What other transportation options will I have?

Orange County Transit Bus 26 stops right outside the front door, and runs to Cal State Fullerton, Hope International University and the Metrolink/Amtrak station.

Can I see a model apartment?

Yes. Please request an appointment for a personal tour, or just stop by to see us and we’ll be happy to show you the community.